The Netherlands Cancer Institute is the primary cancer Institute for research and care. Since its foundation in 1913, the Netherlands Cancer Institute has combined its care for cancer patients with groundbreaking research. We want the best care for every patient. Because cancer can happen to all of us.
We are committed to care with personal attention and warm and professional dedication and genuinity. We will make sure that our treatment best fits our patients and their needs, wishes, and preferences and will find a personalized treatment together with our patients.
We strive to attain the best possible results, in patient care and research. We can offer the best possible treatment result and quality of life according to the latest developments and insights. Our researchers work hard every day to better understand how cancer develops, and how we can best cure it.
We deliver groundbreaking care and research. This means that we can think outside of the box, if this is in our patient's benefit. We continuously strive to improve and innovate. We think ahead and seek out opportunities.
Delivering the best care and research means working together. We look for solutions, possibilities, and innovation. It is important to us to find a suitable treatment plan, or combination of treatments at our hospital, together with our patients.
We are the Netherlands Cancer Institute
Directors and Organization
The Supervisory Board is compsed of experts in the following fields: management, research, patient care, financial-economic, and legal matters. The position of the Netherlands Cancer Institute benefits from a strong composition in its Supervisory Board. The Supervisory Board maintains overall supervision of the Board of Directors' management, policy, and the general affairs of the foundation and the connected institutions. The Supervisory Board supports the Board of Directors with its advice. The Supervisory Board consists of:
- Mr. mr. L.J. Hijmans van den Bergh, director of the Supervisory Board
- Mr. prof. dr. J.H.J Hoeijmakers
- Mrs. drs. A.M. Jongerius, member Quality Committee, member on the recommendation of the Patient Council (PAR)
- Mr. prof. dr. J.M.J.M. van Krieken, director of the Quality Committee
- Mr. M.P. Lap, member of the audit committee
- Mr. prof. dr. M.M. Levi, head of the audit committee
- Mrs. mr. H. Uhlenbroek, vice-chairman and member of the renumeration committee
Directors of Medical Staff
- Dr. E.P.M. Jansen, radiation oncologist (director)
- Dr. J.M. Kerst, medical oncologist (secretary)
- Dr. M. van Beurden, gynaecologist (member)
- A. Bruining, radiologist (member)
- V.L.M. Tjoa, anesthesiologist (member)
- Dr. M.F.T.D. Vrancken Peeters, surgeon (member)
- I.N. van de Werf (secretary, email@example.com)
- Click here for more information about our environmental and sustainability policy.
- Click here for more information about our administrative costs.
Find our more about good governance in the health care sector (English explanation here) and the Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity that the Netherlands Cancer Institute observes.