Information for visitors and support persons
We have collected the frequently asked questions for visitors and support persons on this page.
If your question has not been answered, please contact us at +31 (0)20 512 9111, and we will try to offer assistance.
Relaxing measures at the Netherlands Cancer Institute
As of September 25, measures in the Netherlands will be further relaxed. This will also affect the NKI COVID policy. We are happy to be able to loosen restrictions on our visitation policy, and that we can welcome more patient support people. Employees, patients, support people, and visitors will still have to wear face masks, however. The virus is still with us, so please stay alert and do not come to the NKI if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, like cold symptoms or a fever.
A quick overview of our policy:
- Visitors and support people welcome at our institute again: More than 2 people can visit a patient every 24 hours. The total amount of visitors differs per department. Visitation hours are between 15.30 and 19.30.
- Social distancing - it works: We strongly recommend social distancing.
- We will continue to wear face masks: Many patients at the Netherlands Cancer Institute are vulnerable and will get a third vaccine because they are not fully protected yet.
- We will continue to hold phone or video consultations
- Hygiene policy still applies: Please wash your hands often, cover a sneeze or cough with your elbow, use paper tissues, and do not shake hands.
- Do not come to the NKI if you are experiencing symptoms: We ask our patients to contact us if they are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19. We will determine whether you can come in for your appointment.
- More people are allowed on the elevators: but please remember to wear a face mask.