NKI Colorectal Cancer Center
Welcome to the NKI Colorectal Cancer Center. Our physicians, nurses, clinical nurse specialists, and researchers work hard every day to give our colorectal cancer patients the best care and quality of life possible. We are frontrunners in alternatives to the standard treatment, with a solid scientific foundation, such as the “watch and wait” approach or sphincter-sparing techniques for rectal cancer.
Have you been diagnosed with colon or rectal cancer? Or do you suspect that you might have it? Know that you are in good hands at our institute. We understand that you and your loved ones are facing a difficult time in your lives, and you are not alone.
Why the NKI Colorectal Cancer Center?
You will receive excellent medical care
- All medical and nursing specialists involved in your treatment are specialized in colorectal cancer - colon and rectal cancer.
- Our multidisciplinary teams involving surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, clinical nurse specialists, and nurses come together to find the best treatment plan for you.
- We conduct scientific research and use the latest techniques, such as 3D navigation for surgery, immunotherapy, and regional intra-arterial chemotherapy. We are frontrunners in new forms of radiation, which helps us avoid surgery whenever possible. And we use the Da Vinci robot in surgeries.
- You will receive treatment according to the latest insights, like the new, scientifically effective “watch and wait” approach and sphincter-sparing treatment for rectal cancer.
- Your clinical nurse specialist can help you with all your questions and concerns.
- We are a certified Center of Excellence for hereditary stomach, liver, and colorectal cancer. We adhere to the European criteria for excellent care for patients with these types of cancer.
3830patients with colon cancer
Meet our center
Meet our NKI Colorectal Cancer Center hereplay video
Our specialists excel at colorectal cancer treatment. They come together for a multidisciplinary team meeting during which they will review your test results and medical history in order to find the best treatment plan for you. Your physician will discuss this plan with you. At the Netherlands Cancer Institute you are an equal partner in our team, and we will decide on your treatment together.
Clinical nurse specialists
Medical geneticists and medical consultants
Patient satisfaction rates at the Netherlands Cancer Institute
Patients with colorectal cancer give the Netherlands Cancer Institute the following ratings.
8.7Wishes when choosing treatment
8.6Shared decision making
Next to its clinical work, the Netherlands Cancer Institute is a distinguished cancer research institute. 700 enthusiastic researchers work hard every day to gain a better understanding of the development and treatment of cancer. Many of our trials concern colorectal cancer. If we find a trial that is suitable for you, your practicing physician will discuss this with you.
Watch our lecture about colon cancer hereplay video