Make an appointment
How to make an appointment?
Your appointment will be
- made for you after your general practitioner or specialist (at a different hospital) has referred you to our hospital
- Once the referral has been received, we will contact you o give you additional information and to plan an appointment, or you will receive information about the time period in which you can plan your appointment.
The phone number is +31 (0)20 512 9111
Please go to the reception of the clinic so we can register you as a patient. We will take your picture. Please bring the following items:
- A valid ID (passport or driver’s license);
- Your health insurance card;
- Your medical history;
- An up-to-date list of your medications from your pharmacy;
After the registration, you can proceed to your intake with your treatment specialist. He or she will look at your information, ask further questions, and answer any questions you might have. Your specialist will also perform a physical examination and let you know which further tests or examinations need to be completed before you can start your treatment.
As of January 1, 2012, all patients at the Netherlands Cancer Institute are required to show a valid form of ID and proof of insurance.
Patients without a valid ID cannot be treated at our hospital because their insurance will not cover the consultation or treatment.
If one of our patients did not bring a valid ID, he or she will have to return home to pick up their ID, or we will be forced to change the date of your appointment.
Besides the valid ID, all our patients will need to have a valid proof of health insurance (health insurance card). If one of our patients neglects to bring one, we cannot proceed with the treatment or consultation.
Your specialist will discuss when you will be expected for a second consultation at the clinic. The assistant at the clinic will set up your appointment for this consultation and any examinations that you will need to undergo. In some cases, we can set up a phone appointment to give you your results.